Monday, July 13, 2009

peachtree city ga

peachtree city ga

PEACHTREE CITY, Ga. (MyFOX ATLANTA) - Peachtree City police said they were searching for a hit-and-run driver Sunday who left a family in shambles. Johnnie Moore and her two daughters had just relocated to the Atlanta area from California for a new job when Moore was hit.

"My knee busted open and they put metal here, they put metal in my leg here and then I have stitches from here to here," described Moore after her ordeal.

Moore said doctors told her she will have a long road back to health. Moore broke her leg and arm, hurt her back and suffered internal injuries when she was struck by a hit-and-run driver on Highway 74 in Peachtree City last April.

Moore said she left a hotel to get food at a nearby restaurant across the highway.

"They basically left me for dead," said Moore.

Moore said she remembered coming back from the restaurant with food. Moore said she stopped in the middle of the road when she was struck by a vehicle.

"I woke up and police were around me and a helicopter was around me and they said someone had been hit and I said who and they said me," recalled Moore.

Moore's two daughters are now helping her with her medicine, cooking and other chores at the Atlanta hotel where they have been staying.

Peachtree City police said they didn't have many clues in the case, but based on eyewitness accounts they suspect an SUV or similar vehicle struck Moore.

Now Moore is working with social service agencies for medical and financial help to get back on her feet.

"I don't know how somebody can be so cold to hit somebody and leave," said Moore.

Moore said the accident happened before she got to start her new job as a caterer.

Police said they asked workers at area auto repair shops to be on the lookout for a car with damage that may be from the hit-and-run.