Wednesday, May 13, 2009

bryce howard

bryce howard

Ron Howard, formerly Ronnie Howard, is a grandpa.

Not to begrudge Howard the joy of seeing his children having children of their own, but to millions of baby boomers it's deeply disturbing to think that the one-time kid star is 55 now and that his daughter, actress Bryce Dallas Howard, has a 2-year-old.

For Howard, though, her son Theo ranks up there with his finest productions.

"It's not scary at all to me," Howard said, speaking by telephone from an editing bay at Columbia Pictures' studios in Culver City, Calif. "It's big fun. It's a lot of laughs. I'm proud to say that, in terms of my ability to cope with infants and toddlers, I've still got it. I can work in a sprint and don't have to be the long-distance runner. I can throw all my energy behind a few hours or a half-day, and then it's up to Bryce and (her husband) Seth to carry the ball. But I love it."