Saturday, May 16, 2009

la bamba movie

la bamba movie

It was announced today that Lou Diamond Phillips would be joining the (intentionally bad?) cast of the upcoming I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here! My initial reaction: "Wait, isn't Lou Diamond Phillips too good for this?" When your resume includes La Bamba, Courage Under Fire, and a stint on 24, can you really join the ranks of the dreaded Speidi? But then I wondered: Am I giving LDP way too much credit? Maybe he has joined the Z-list ranks faster than I'd noticed. I mean, how on Earth did I miss cinematic gems like Bats or Route 666?!

While most of the other cast members on Celebrity (which is set to begin June 1 on NBC) have had prior reality-show experience, these are uncharted waters for Phillips, and I sorta wish he'd stayed out. What about you, PopWatchers? Does this casting surprise you? Or did Phillips have a date with reality-TV destiny all along?